Department: Business Development
Reports To: Director of Strategy
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Category: Contract
This position is responsible for developing and writing various types of technical documentation, including end user guides, product documentation, references, manuals, and marketing collateral. The Technical Writer works closely with the Business Development and Engineering team to create documentation as requested on projects.
Content Creation: Creates and writes technical documents for products, marketing brochures, case studies, white papers, customer proposals, end user guides, and other collateral. Explains technical information in clear, concise manner. Develops content that is appropriate for the intended audience.
Document Development: Drives information gathering with Engineering team, account executives, and management to create technical specifications. Prepares outlines, layouts, and supporting information for technical documents.
Editorial Management: Manages the editing process to submit drafts for feedback. Reviews all drafts for flow, grammar, and spelling. Submits final drafts for design and approval. Edits additional material, as requested.
Product Knowledge: Adeptly demonstrates knowledge of Cloud Automation Solutions’ offerings. Researches technical information, as needed. Stays abreast of current technical documentation trends.
This position is majority remote, but some travel is required as requested by management.
• Proven technical writing experience in the computer science, cloud engineering, or other related field.
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated and driven.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Familiarity with technical content and layouts.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred; or equivalent years of experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; basic computer skills.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org